Pib’s forearm will be assembled by building 2 halves separately in 6 steps and then connect them together.
In order to construct the forearm, you will need to print all forearm parts and have the following non-printable parts from our Pib kit.
- 6 M3 nuts
- 2 M3 10 mm screws
- 2 M3 12 mm screws
- 2 M3 20 mm screw (optional to hold the 2 forearm halves together temporarily)
- 2 M3 25 mm screws
- 3 20mm metal rods
- 2 medium sized ball bearings (10x19x7)
- 60 cm Teflon tube
- 80 cm Fluorocarbon string
- Place medium sized ball bearings in the shown places.
- Place nut and M3 10mm screw in Forearm_lid-C19 and Forearm_hinge-C20 and tighten the screw to connect them.
- Connect the assembled Forearm_lid-C19 and Forearm_hinge-C20 with Forearm_distal_top-C17 and then put a metal rod in between to hold them together.
Now let’s assemble the second half of the forearm
- Place a nut and M3 10mm screw in Forearm_distal_bottom_cap-C21 and Forearm_hinge-C20 and tighten the screw to connect them.
- Connect the assembled Forearm_distal_bottom_cap-C21 and Forearm_hinge-C20 with Forearm_distal_bottom-C18 and then insert a metal rod in between to hold them together.
- Place 2 M3 nuts and 2 M3 mm screws in the shown spots to connect Forearm_connector_left-C22 and Forearm_connector_right-C23 with Forearm_distal_bottom-C18.
- Place the Teflon tube in the shown spot and fix it by attaching Forearm_tube_enclosure-C24 with 2 M3 nuts and 2 25mm M3 screws
- Insert metal rod through the shown hole with a tool only till half until reaching “Arm and hand connection” article where the hook of T1210 will be placed
We now have the 2 halves of the forearm ready, but our design connects them together using the central arm above it (next tutorial) and hand, so we just insert 2 M3 20mm screws to hold them together until we assemble them with central arm and hand.